Let’s talk player releases! We have been fielding a lot of questions lately. Our FAQ section covers releases, but you can read all of the information in this post as well:
How do I get a release for my child to play in another organization?
Nickel City Rep Program
– As the NCMHA does not have a rep team, the Nickel City Hockey Association (NCHA) has a blanket release authority.
Sudbury District Girls Hockey Association (SDGHA)
– Your child does not require a release to play with in the SDGHA or with the Lady Wolves.
Other Minor Hockey Associations
– Releases will not be entertained until the registration period for the NCMHA has been completed and the ice allocation meeting has been held in September. This is to ensure that the NCMHA will have enough players to form our teams. After the registration period is closed and ice allocation is done, releases may be issued upon request.
My child played with the Nickel City Rep program and would like to come back to the NCMHA. Do we need a release from Nickel City Hockey Association (NCHA)?
– If your child was a minor aged player and played in a major division, they require a release from Nickel City.
– If you child was a minor aged player and played in a minor division, they do not require a release from Nickel City.
– If your child was a major aged player and played in a major division, they do not require a release from Nickel City.
Leave a Comment